Canada Study FAQs
1. WHAT ARE THE DOCUMENTS NEEDED FOR LITHUANIA STUDY VISA?
For the Visa D (STUDENT VISA):
Visa application form
1 recent passport-sized photograph.
A valid passport beyond the duration of your study program.
Official Admissions Letter from the university.
Proof of financial resources (at least €150 – €200 per month)
Details of the student’s accommodation and address
Your flight details
The policy of the student’s health insurance with a minimum coverage of €6000
2. WHAT WOULD I NEED FOR A TEMPORARY RESIDENCE PERMIT?
To apply for a temporary residence permit the student needs:
• A valid visa d
• A valid passport
• Application through MIGRIS which is electronically submitted
• 1 passport-sized photograph
• Financial documents to show the ability to cover your living costs in Lithuania
• A police clearance certificate from India.
• The policy of the student’s health insurance with a minimum coverage of €6000.
The processing fee
3. WHAT IS STUDENT VISA PROCESSING TIME IN LITHUANIA?
The average processing time for the visa applications is two weeks, however it is recommended to begin the application process six months prior to the actual travel time.
4. CAN THE STUDENT’S FAMILY TRAVEL WITH THEM?
They will need to apply for a tourist visa, followed by a temporary residence permit if they hope to accompany the student on their study abroad adventure.
Specific dependents’ visas for married students are granted in exclusive circumstances. To qualify, international students must hold a temporary residence permit, and also, should have completed at least two years in Lithuania.
5. CAN YOU WORK ON A LITHUANIAN STUDENT VISA?
International students are allowed to work 20 hours/week officially, during their study term and full-time during their breaks and vacation periods.
WHAT TO DO IF THE VISA IS REJECTED?
In case of visa rejection, the student will receive a letter from the consulate providing detailed reasons for the refusal. If the student feels the need to re-appeal, they can do so within the first 14 days of the refusal.
WHAT LANGUAGE ARE STUDY PROGRAMS IN?