USA Study FAQs

  1. What is an I-20?

I-20 will be sent to you from the chosen University and is the government form that proves that the student is eligible for student visa (F-1) status. It basically states that;

The student has met all the admission requirements of the institute, is a bona-fide student.

You will be pursuing full course of the study.

You have enough financial to stay in USA without working illegally.


  1. What is CPT?

Curricular Practical Training (CPT) is basically an employment opportunity for the students and is an optional where the training can be an integral part of academic program. This can be an internship, cooperative education job, or any other work experience that is either is a part of course curriculum or for which the student will get the credits.


  1. What is OPT?

Optional Practical training is employment authorization temporarily that gives the student an opportunity to apply their skills and knowledge gained during the academic program or in the practical work experience off campus.  


  1. When should I apply for student visa?

You can apply for the student visa 120 days prior to your program start/enrollment mentioned in I-20.


  1. Can I change my University once I am in USA?

No, you should not and cannot change your University.


  1. What if I don’t have enough funds?

If you don’t have enough funds you can apply for student/education loan and will have to convince the visa officer on repayment.


  1. Can International students apply for Private and Public school in States?

Yes, International students are eligible to apply for both public and private institutes.


  1. Can international Students work while in the USA?

There are very limited opportunities for the same in USA and the government takes working illegally very seriously.


  1. Can dependents work in US?

Dependents are not allowed to work in US.



Are you ready to take the next step toward your future career?